No Reserves - No Retreats - No Regrets

Monday, January 07, 2008

I'm Sorry...

This is the hardest thing in the world for me to do, but I can feel a cry in my heart that's telling me to get it out and leave it be, so here goes...

I'm sorry for not being the friend that you deserve
I'm sorry for not telling the truth when you asked for it
I'm sorry for holding grudges
I'm sorry for saying the things that I know will hurt you
I'm sorry for not saying the things that will help
I'm sorry for only having questions when you wanted answers
I'm sorry for not being someone you can look up to
I'm sorry for leading you on
I'm sorry for letting you go
I'm sorry for talking behind your back
I'm sorry for still being mad
I'm sorry for ignoring you
I'm sorry for not always being sorry

I'm sorry.

I wish I could say sorry to each individual person that I've wronged and even as I type one wrong has been made right and it feels like a huge weight has been lifted off instantly.

I love you all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Those Daily Bites below are devotionals that I get sent to me everyday. Sometimes I read them, sometimes I don't. These two I read together after not reading them for a while. They really stuck out. God's faithfullness is something I'll never understand. It never ceases to amaze me that day after day, mistake after mistake, sin after sin, He still loves me and will carry me through hard times or when I fall.

1 comment:

Cardinal's Cove said...

"I wish I could say sorry to each individual person that I've wronged" ....

Liz, I'm not coming down on you personally, I'm using this to point out something huge. This is EXACTLY what God WANTS of us! We have such a hard time doing it (myself more then included), but if we all did it, I think we would all be taking a very huge step in the right direction for God, our faith, and our lives.

We're all waiting for the next big thing to do, that we miss those little moments in which we can be.

I think the greatest thing we can do for our faith is learn to be. You've said it before, I've said it before, we're so shallow. It's in these moments of "say sorry to each individual person that I've wronged" that we are actually being his disciples.

I need to learn it too, but it goes exactly along with what we talked about tonight. Let's just start doing it. Together. All of us. If we all did, imagine.

So .. what is stopping us?