No Reserves - No Retreats - No Regrets

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tears and a Rant...



Quest: a year long "Adventure Discipleship" course at Columbia Bible College.
I've been wanting to do this course since forever. A course that lets me learn where I love to be - outside. I started the application process like 2 months ago, finally got it finished about 8 days ago, and got told I would be contacted in 1 - 2 weeks about acceptance. Basically, from what I've heard, it's pretty hard to NOT get accepted...

I got the phone call today.

I'm not accepted.

Want to know why?
Actually I don't care if you want to know why or not, I'm going to tell you, because I am PISSED. (Yes mum, if you read this, I said a bad word. :P) I didn't get accepted because I AM A HOMESCHOOLER!!!! Basically because I don't have "English 11 or 12" and only did 6 months at Capernwray. She told me to take a course or 2 at TRU and try again next year. I hung up the phone and spent the next 10 minutes bawling in my room... another dream down the drain.

I told my parents and they weren't very impressed either. They said they would try and get ahold of some people and see what was going on. I guess technically CBC can't reject me because I'm a homeschooler... they need to at least do an English proficancy test.

But yeah, I'm in a bad mood now so I'm leaving and not thinking about it for awhile......

2 comments:

Anne Geddert said...

Hey Lizzie, read your Devo's #1 from yesterday's post! God is still there! what does he want to do in this storm?

Believe in you!
Mom

PJ said...

Aw, Liz...that really sucks. I know how much you've always wanted to go.
That is a real disappointment...have another good cry or two. But remember that its not the end. If God wants you to go, you'll go no matter what anyone on the other end of the phone says!
And if you aren't, there's something so much better out there for you!
Love you, Lizzie!!!