No Reserves - No Retreats - No Regrets

Friday, August 08, 2008

For He is my Rock...

"I love you, Lord; you are my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety." Psalm 18:1-2



On Monday, after Fat Tire (Which went great by the way. Thanks for all your prayers!), 7 friends and I left for Lake Louis. We got there around 19:00 I think, set up camp at Mosquito Creek Campground, and spent the night singing worship songs and praying. It was so nice!
Tuesday morning came a little too early, but we were all up and ready to go by 9:00. We left for the "Back of the Lake" and an hour later were standing beneath beautiful quartzite rock, flipping through the guide book, trying to decide what to climb first. After some debate and backtracking we settled in for some awesome climbing and spent the next 10 hours in harness and helmet.
That night we lost 2 of our group members. They headed back for work the next day.
Wednesday we took a little more chill. We cleaned up camp, sorted out gear, and headed back to the "Back of the Lake" for another 8 hours of climbing. After a good, solid, challenging day 4 of us headed home. (Tim and Phil went in the opposite direction, towards the Bugaboos for a few more days of climbing and hiking.)

God is so Good.
He gives us strength and energy.
He lets us use and be in His amazing creation.
He blesses us daily with little blessings that often we miss.
He teaches us, stretches us, and molds us.
His Word is Good News.
His love is eternal.
His arm is strong.
God is so Good.

No comments: