No Reserves - No Retreats - No Regrets

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Digging myself into a hole...



I dug myself into a hole for 7 hours on Thursday.
Actually, it was a ditch.
3 feet deep.
2 feet wide.
It was 28 degrees out by lunch.
I think I lost like 10 pounds in sweat.

They've been working on this ditch for quite some time now, trying to get it ready to lay some power lines. It's pretty much done now... I was pretty determined to get the stinking thing done. They were making fun of me the whole time I was working cause I had to use a pick axe and a sledge hammer for parts of it. I said that by the time I was done I would be a man...
They agreed.

The ditch is almost done...
Thankfully, I am still a woman.

1 comment:

Dan Geddert said...

Like they say, "Hard work never killed anyone." But I am glad that you didn't hurt yourself or become a man - YOU'RE THE ONLY DAUGHTER I HAVE! Love you, praying for you daily. Dad