No Reserves - No Retreats - No Regrets

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

There is no Try

This week Nicole and I were scheduled to go scouting for an over night hike. It's good 3-4 day hike, that we were going to attempt to do in 2 days. We were a little wary of pushing for 2 days as the guide book says that "if you are very strong and very fast you can make this a 2 day hike, otherwise plan on at least 3 days". Well we left with skeptical minds and backpacks packed for up to three days. We got to the trailhead and it welcomed us with a light snow falling.
....... I just totally lost my train of thought.. So I'll just tell you the story with no frills.
We did the 3-4 day, 27 km hike in..... one freaking day!!!! Nicole and I hiked for 11 hours straight. We did that yesterday... today I hurt.

Nicole and I are machines, what can I say.

3 comments:

Joshua Geddert said...

Wow, impressive little sis!

I wish we got snow!

Becks said...

carrying three days of stuff probably didn't make it easier.

I wish I could spend more time outdoors. I'm getting tired of staring at computer screens late at night.

...speaking of which, I should go back to it. :P

Love ya liz.

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you this weekend lizzie girl. Love ya.