No Reserves - No Retreats - No Regrets

Saturday, January 15, 2011

21 days and counting...

I know I'm a bit behind in my Picture-a-Day goal... but Tim and I were in Edmonton for a few days, and there is no rest for the weary there. Our time was packed with errands, car maintenance, and baby stuff.
We also had a midwife appointment, which went very well. They tell us that we're boring. Apparently, I am having an uncommonly almost perfect pregnancy. Baby is engaging - which means that it is dropping and settling for birth, and is in a good position. I am 37 weeks todays. That is considered "full term" and our midwives said I am allowed to have the baby any day. Woohoo! I'm just trying to not get my hopes up for an early birth. :) We still have a bit to do to get ready, but mostly I think we are just treasuring these last days of quiet evenings and "us time".

In other news... it got suddenly VERY cold here in the last couple of days. Here is yesterdays picture and the view we get out our windows:



In other OTHER news... we got a new couch and leather chair for VERY cheap from Ikea before Christmas and were able to finally bring them here. I know hardly any of you who read this have been to our house, so you'll just have to take my word for it: we rearranged and love it!! Way more open and baby friendly. Today's picture is of our shelving unit which used to divide the kitchen and the livingroom. We moved it up against the wall and tidied it up a bit.

2 comments:

Anne Geddert said...

Nice shelf! How about a pic of the couch and chair? I know I am very demanding =)

Anne Geddert said...

BTW - even 1 or 2 times a week posting is GOOD!!