No Reserves - No Retreats - No Regrets

Monday, August 20, 2007

Captains Log #1

Date: August 20, 2007
Location: Michigan Lake
Time: 19:33

Today was my first day as a Pirate.
Basically I swabbed the deck.
Literally,
I helped scrub the Arni J. Richter from top to bottom,
Starboard to Port,
Aft to Bow.
I don't really have my sea legs yet though,
So I got a bit sea sick,
And it still feels like I'm on water.

After scrubbing the boat for a few hours,
We got interupted by an over-flow run request.
Meaning there were too many cars for the one ferry,
So we had to pause cleaning ours and use it for an extra run.
Which was great fun,
Cause I got be trained a bit early on what deck hands do.
Of course by that time I was soaked to the bone,
Had 2 HUGE blisters on my feet,
And hadn't had a break.
Never-the-less I struck out on this new grand adventure with a cheerful attitude and a open mind...
In the end,
That payed off...
Literally.
They decided to pay me a dollar more then they first agreed on.

However,
There is one downside to being friggin amazing...
People notice,
And when you're the only girl working,
It's the guys who notice.
Ugh.
There was really only one guy today...
And unfortunatly he's the only single guy my age.
Actually he's the only guy my age.
And I met him a few years ago last time I was here...
And he remembers me.
(I pushed him off a sea-do cause he was being stupid...
appearently he liked it.)
*Shivers*
Of course he was on my work crew,
so that was interesting.

Anyways,
I miss you all SO MUCH!
I'll see if I can get a pic or 2 up here,
But this computar only has dial up so that could be a tough one...

2 comments:

PJ said...

Aha! Welcome to the wonderful world of dial-up.
Its quite a joy.
And thanks for the update! I'm glad you got a dollar raise! That's a pleasant beginning.
Sucks about the annoying guy though. Hopefully he will simmer down soon.

Cardinal's Cove said...

Avast! De red dusk bodes well for de day's sail!

ARRrrr! A pirate's life for YOU!

Be ye sure to deal swift and hard with dat dere scurvy dog problem..

... the pirate talk fades..

A dollar a month? That's not very much of a raise Liz for working that hard. ;)

It's weird you're gone already. Seems like you just got back from Australia.. It's going to be a long 8 months eh? I mean .. 3. ;) .. eep!

We'll be prayin for ya for sure. :)

Have fun out there and keep us updated!

In the meantime, be sure to learn to talk like a pirate.

There are plenty of good websites out there for this. ;)

Later Liz.