No Reserves - No Retreats - No Regrets

Friday, December 21, 2007

Oh Boy...

So basically I'm speechless...
Like I actually don't know what to say.
Here is the object of my speechlessness...

Now you may be thinking that they're just flowers... I thought the same thing when I first saw them sitting on our kitchen table. However, you can imagine my surprise when I was cheekily informed that the flowers were for me. Obviously confused I looked to see who they were from... the box gave only a hint: they had been shipped from Edmonton and there was a "Personalized Note" inside. By now of course my family is going crazy... you guys know them... heckling and harassing. So I tear open the "Personalized Note", skip the note, and go straight to the sender. At first I didn't recognize the name and had to read it a few times... so I went back to the note. It reads:

Please accept this token of sincere friendship. I am forever grateful to have you as a friend. I'll never forget. Always smile, that is what got to me first.

As I finished reading it aloud my jaw dropped. All of a sudden I knew who it was. I just about died...like actually...as I mentioned earlier, I was speechless. When the initial shock wore off I started laughing and couldn't stop.

But now that I've told you story I should probably tell you who sent the flowers... not that you'll know him. But I'm sure some of you have at least heard of him from me telling you stories.

We met on Washington Island in August of this year. He was the only one my age that worked for Washington Island Ferry Line so we got introduced. We talked a few times at work... and then he began to ask me out... again, and again. Each time I refused with various excuses, and each time he optimistically said "maybe another time". All the other guys teased me about it consistently. It got ten times worse when on the one day I decided to wear make-up to work, he coincidentally had some kind of minor heart attack and had to go to the hospital. They said it was my fault cause he'd never seen me with make-up on before. Heh. Anyways, I left with him and I on awkward terms due to the fact that I had basically ignored him for the last 2 weeks of work so I wouldn't "encourage" anything. I thought I had left it all behind when I came home... apparently not.

Which is why I have decided to never talk to boys again, and never leave the house without a sumo suit on and a paper bag over my head.

2 comments:

Becks said...

haha...that's hilarious. Nice flowers though. :P

Cardinal's Cove said...

I am sorry, but:

LOL

Best story ever! :D

Well .. at least since earlier this afternoon. :D

I'm going to hold to you never talking to boys again. :)