No Reserves - No Retreats - No Regrets

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It's all "character building"...




Romans 5:3-4
"We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation."

God has really been challenging me lately about my comfort zones. He's really been showing me just how caught up in them I get. It's so easy to just stay where I am and not want to step out into one of God's crazy adventures...
But God wants so much more for us. He calls us into an adventure with Him and it always requires us to step out of our comfort zones and follow Him.
It's been a hard and tiring lesson, and I know it's not over yet... but God is totally moving, and is so strong and powerful, I trust that His way is best....

3 comments:

Anne Geddert said...

We've been there too! And even when you get old there are still lessons to be learned in that department. Praying for you lots! Only one week till we come!!

Andy-G said...

Just thought I would let you know that your post really moved me sis'. Thanks.

Andrew

Joshua Geddert said...

Almost there Lizzie!

Soo excited, i will stay with you for a week kk! ha

Love to hear about how God is working in and through you!

Love ya.