No Reserves - No Retreats - No Regrets

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Riding the Road...

Greetings Ya’ll! (I get to say that, cause I’m in Redneck country :)

It’s crazy how fast time flies when you stop wearing a watch. I’ve been here at Frontier Lodge for 3 months already.
For those of you who don't know a lot about what I'm doing or where I am, here's a quick overview:

Frontier Lodge is located 5 minutes West of Nordegg, Alberta; two hours West of Red Deer, Alberta. It is a Wilderness Adventure Camp that “uses God’s Wilderness to Reach, Teach, and Train Youth and Adults for Jesus Christ”. We use God’s amazing creation to spiritually and physically challenge people out of their normal comfort zones, and into God’s life-long adventure. Some of the ways we do this include: rock climbing, rappelling, caving, mountain biking, canyoneering, and hiking. It is so encouraging to see how God can use these activities to move His people closer to Him. I am so honored and blessed to be a part of this.

---------------





Right now we've got our Mountain Bike Level 2 camp going on. They're some pretty awesome guys. I haven't really been involved with them at all, but it sounds like it's going pretty well. Today is their last day, so they head off in a few minutes to get their last rides in.

The part that I have been involved with is the campfires. When I first came into the week I was a bit hesitant about what the campfires would look like - specially the music... Cause you know, teenage guys, trying to look cool... but I was blown away. They were more active and into the songs and skits and stuff then any other group. It was AWESOME.
Migges has been talking about the "longest but best story ever"... basically going through the entire Bible in 5 nights, ending with Christ's death on the cross/resurrection and what that means for us. This week a few of guys realized their need for God and gave their lives to Him. Please pray with me that God would be real in these guys lives, and that this would not just be a "spiritual high", but an on-going relationship with God.

No comments: