No Reserves - No Retreats - No Regrets

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Who Cut the Cheese?

... It certainly wasn't me, that's for sure.
Why, you ask?

BECAUSE I CAN'T STINKING EAT CHEESE!!
...or any dairy for that matter...
...or wheat
...or beef
...or pork
...or chocolate
...or caffeine
...or any citrus fruits

*sign*
I'm gonna starve to death.

Ok, let me back up a bit.
My hives/rash/thing still hasn't really gone away. I started on a rice diet awhile ago (meaning I eat nothing but rice) and that seemed to be helping, leading to me strongly believing this is a food allergy.
But seriously... it is so itchy, I can't stand it. I have been getting like 2 hours of sleep a night, and none of the "stop itch" things have been working.
So Cindy (our mother figure here at camp) got concerned for me and did some calling around. She found this Chiropractor in Rocky that does natural allergy testing. So I called him up and got an appointment for this morning. I went in kind of skeptical cause I didn't know a lot about what he was going to do.
He ended up doing these like muscle test things... and it was weird, but he could tell things about me just by feeling certain muscles and stuff. In the end he told me I had an intolerance to the things above... so basically I get to eat rice and chicken.
Apparently, I can get rid of the intolerances by going in for regular chiropractic care. I looked it up on the internet and it seemed legit... we'll see though I guess...

For now, though....
It's the slim pickings for me.

4 comments:

M said...

Very very strange Lizzy.

Spontaneous allergies!

Alex H. said...

You need to be carful with tests like that Liz.
I've had them done many many times and they always tell me things that arent true.

LIKE
Saying i had NO allergy to meat and NO algery to Soy or dairy. When really...I'm im like..super allergic to those.

You also need to look around JUST in case it isnt food related. IM NOT Saying that you arent allergic to these things. But this has all started up all of a sudden if im correct.

It could also be enviormental (sp)

idk
but i'm praying for you and im sorry it's like this.

Cardinal's Cove said...

wow, that's crazy liz ..

ya, like alex said, we're praying for you liz, get better! allergies suck. I know it as well, though, not nearly like you and alex.

PJ said...

That is messed up! I can't believe how suddenly it all started.
Will definitely keep you in my prayers...hope you figure it all out soon!