No Reserves - No Retreats - No Regrets

Monday, November 10, 2008

There's No Time Like the Present...

Wow...
I guess it's been awhile, eh?

As we fade into winter here at Frontier Lodge our schedule slows down quite a bit. We've only had a few groups in the past 4 months. It's a nice change though, and it gives us time to catch up on other things that need to get done. For example:
-Digging up our lines to check for leaks and to bury them deeper for the winter chill
-Renovating/cleaning the garage so it's actually usable again
-Scouting for out-trips for upcoming groups
-Finishing the office renos
-Refinishing the dining room floor
-Planning and organizing all the music/worship binders (my project)

As for free time... we've started changing our focus to fall/winter activities. The rock is getting a little too cold to be climbing (though Tim and I have gone out a few times), so 6 of us starting practicing for some glacier travel. We hung ourselves off the deck, pulled each other up, ascended the ropes, and built anchors. After a few nights of practicing, Brad, Jess, Migges, Nicole, Tim and I headed out for a day of glacier play. We went to the Columbia Icefields and promptly found a crevasse to throw each other into. It was great. It was so awesome to be on a glacier for the first time ever.


I really am coming up blank with things to say... I waited too long to post. Now everything feels like old news, or I forgot the whole story.
Sorry.

With everything slowing down a bit, I get more time to invest in relationships; with my girls, with Tim, and most importantly, with God. It's been really nice.
God is so good. Every day He blesses me somehow. Every time I'm down, He's there.


Well, I'm signing off for now...
I'll try and get on here a little sooner next time.
Thanks for all your support and prayers, you all mean SO much to me. Seriously.

Grace and Peace.

1 comment:

Anne Geddert said...

So good to see an update. Love you and miss you. Don't talk about crevasses though, I can't stand the thought.